Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Urban Taggers: Among the Best

After reading Pocket Esq's departure from his outstanding blog, Urban Taggers, I realized one thing very quickly.  I would actually be more upset to see someone try to fill in/replace what he established.  On the one hand, Urban Taggers' continued contributions to their loyal fans will be missed.  However, it's an irreplaceable part of this community for a reason.  Pocket always had great content, from reviews to news to rants to features of other fan's stuff.  His support for the hobby, from the gear to the folks behind it, is something I'll never forget.  He inspired me to start my own, gave me a higher standard to follow, and encouraged me to do things for fans instead of do things for recognition.  For 3 short years, there's so much great content in this one blog.

Long story short: I just want to thank Pocket for his contributions to everyone.  Nerf, Laser Tag, and everything in-between.  I personally wish him the best of luck in future endeavors, whatever they are.  A blog about toy blasters is just a small part of someone's life, but Urban Taggers has certainly left a mark on this hobby in the best way possible.

5 comments:

  1. If it wasn't for Urban Taggers I wouldn't have found your blog either. I asked him once which blogs did he personally like and follow and he said TT was one of the best. I always liked the way you guys wrote intelligently and not just gushing about everything new. Hope TT sticks around and does what it does best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pocket may have left but in his wake he did leave some great reviewers to fill the void. Though I'll miss Urban Taggers I know that people like you and AFON will keep the reviews, rants & good info coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words pal, that was really nice of you. Good luck and love your work!

    ReplyDelete