Wednesday, March 20, 2013

RapidStrike & Centurion: All Hush-Hush

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
It's certainly been an interesting month for Nerf News.  Almost as quickly as news breaks about new blasters, red tape attempts rid the internet of any trace (no to avail).  The first news we got in March was of the N-Strike Elite Centurion, part of a new "Mega" lineup with larger darts boasting 100 ft ranges.  Shortly after news spread through blogs, forums, and websites, Hasbro stepped in and "covered it up".

This past week, news of the N-Strike Elite RapidStrike CS-18 broke out, as well as a clear 18 round clip being spotted a few weeks before that which seems to confirm it's existence.  The website that had hosted that image quickly removed their listing of this product, likely due to more Hasbro intervention.

The more I see stuff like this, the more I'm reminded of a certain situation that happened this time last year.  Perhaps with some Taggers in an Urban environment?  I know there's laws and companies trying to protect their products from being copied or released early and screwing up product launches, but this constant "NEW INFO!... oh wait... no nevermind.  We can't say anything even though we already did." business is a little exhausting, don't you think?

7 comments:

  1. I think you are a pretty damn awesome blogger Sir

    /hat off

    Keep it up bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of the way the government covers up its own messes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see where the info released could mess up the sales of current blasters, but the cats out of the bag if you ask me, so why not at least confirm that these blasters are real, no need to tell us the release date or anything just confirm that its real. I also think that they (hasbro) actually leak these to see the reaction of the nerf community, MLD has mention that they do pay attention to modders and such. But that's just my "conspiracy theory" part of my brain running wild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it really adds to the excitement and anticipation. Part if the fun of following blogs, really. I'd say lighten up and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great! It just adds another espionage/spy element to our Nerf universe. We have all certainly been talking about it alot. Everyone loves a conspiracy and now you have to look out for the Nerf- Cops.
    NERF on NERFerS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that Nerf should take this to their advantage. We already got some news. If they make their line up work better then we expected, sales will fly. ex, "We are told 100 feet. Then release date, bam 100 feet flat, 100+ angled = wow this gun works better then advertised! I better buy one." Needless to say I am still hyped.

    ReplyDelete