Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Singled Titan Adapter

A few of you who follow our Facebook Page have seen it already, but I thought I'd explain this project. This is my Blue Titan, (Part of the Blue Unity Power System I assembled) I am modifying a spare rocket nozzle to be used for firing single darts through a cosmetically-appealing barrel.  Utilizing one of my spare Retaliator barrels as the frame also means that it'll have the ability to use tactical rails for accessories.

I know a lot of folks have done singled Titans before, and it's a really simple mod if all you want is range... but I just wanted mine to look pretty.  The adapter is removable so the Blue Titan can still be equipped to fire rockets, too.  I was thinking of doing something similar to my Red Titan and a Red Strike series Recon barrel, but I have obvious reservations about messing with a rare piece of N-Strike History when it comes to the Red Strike series.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for not modifying a Red Strike barrel extension. Those things are just too rare. (Finally someone who has respect for history)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Titan needs elite stripes. If it is going to have elite ranges, it has to have an elite paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Blue Titan is also incredibly RARE. It'd be like repainting a Red Longshot. If I were to do "Elite" markings on the Titan, I would likely use white tape so that I could remove it later if I wanted to restore it to it's original look.

      Delete
  3. That is so awesome! I like how it can shoot missiles or darts. How far can it shoot a dart and how far can it shoot a missile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, since it's not done yet... I don't know. It can lob missiles about 50-60 feet. I'm expecting dart ranges over 100 feet from what I've been hearing.

      Delete
    2. I hope you know singled titans are banned at every NIC war.

      Delete
    3. The last time I participated in a "NIC War" was never ago.

      Delete