Thursday, October 18, 2012

Updating the Captain

Broke a lot of ground this morning getting things ready for Captain America's modernization.  There are a lot of different parts from his World War II-era combat suit seen in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and the new revamped uniform in The Avengers (2012).  Since I'm using this in a laser tagging event on October 28th, I wanted to make the costume accurate but also keep mobility in mind.  That being said, the heavy leather jacket used in my costume from last year has been replaced with a lightweight track jacket.  I also don't have to worry about mounting any sensors on my costume since we're using LTX and LTAR blasters for this match.  The white blaster above is what I'm working with.  I've already swapped the orange reload paddle for a white one off of the other Orange/yellow LTAR I had.  I have a few mods in mind for this blaster, both aesthetic and electronic in mind.  Those will likely get hammered out next week. 
 
The big parts I'm trying to finish before that is the jacket and gloves/gauntlets.  Here you can see a shin guard that I'll be re-appropriating as an armored gauntlet for Cap's gloves.  It'll be painted red and should work nicely for that solid armored look that I love about them.  Major work still needs to be done on the jacket, but I'll post some progress pictures for the build on it.
The only elements getting directly re-used from last year's costume is the shield and the pants.  I tried looking for new blue long athletic pants, that might match the texture on my jacket a little more, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to track blue pants down!!

1 comment:

  1. Well... It's easy to find blue pants. It's just hard to find the RIGHT blue pants.

    ReplyDelete