Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LTTO M4 Carbine

I caught wind of this a week ago.  A member of a laser tagging group in New Jersey has built himself a nice blaster from a Nerf Recon CS-6 shell with an LTTO Deluxe at it's core.  He's done excellent work and the blaster claims ranges of up to 2000 feet!  Though he won't tell you he did this on his own. The humble maker of this blaster gives a few shout outs in a Facebook video explaining it's finished features, including Flux (ALTC), Tag Ferret, "bazukafield" (me, I'm assuming), and the HLTC.  There's plenty more pictures and information, but I'll let the rest of this info do the talking.

 Not sure why he didn't include the clip or Red Dot sight that he uses on this for these pictures, but I'll take what I can get.  The toughest part about recasing an LTTO blaster, if you ask me, is mounting all the extra hardware like the LCD screen, control pad, and sensor housing.  He's done a nice job integrating all these features into his blaster and the hard work on this certainly has paid off.  He's got a YouTube channel with progress info that get into the nitty gritty of making this blaster inside and out.

The lens arrangement is built from a Laser Challenge Virtual Paintball blaster.  While it's an odd blaster, the lens is pretty much Gold when it comes to laser tag.  Our group has installed these lenses on our long-range blasters, including the LTX DMR that I finished this summer.  Certainly a good lens to use, with ranges that we've gotten getting 1100 feet easily.  While Mark claims 2000 ft ranges, I really can't imagine a time when I've got 2000 feet of open space between me and my target.  Even here in the "flat" Heartland, there aren't many spots where a range like that would be useful.  Still, it's nice to know that if you can see it, you can hit it.



Below is a picture of another blaster in the works by Mark.  Looks to be a Nerf Longstrike CS-6 with an LTX inside (judging from the off-centered dome mount).  I'll get you more info when it comes up!



1 comment: