Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tech Target Mod

I don't have too many blasters that predate N-Strike.  Even though I'm older, most of my blasters are on the newer side of things.  However, I found an old Nerf Tech Target blaster that I've had for a long while and remembered that I stopped using it because I lost it's 3 darts.  Well, now all I've got are N-Strike darts, which are too small to fit in the old Tech Target.  These blasters show up pretty often online and even in Thrift stores, so if you're able to get your hands on one... do it!  The mod to make it N-Strike compatible is as easy as installing a smaller barrel and it gets excellent ranges!

It wasn't until later that I came across LordDraconial's tutorial on how to do essentially the same thing I just accomplished.  Just figured with all the announcements of new Nerf Blasters and seeing how easily Vortex outshoots N-Strike stuff that we could use a reminder that Darts can still compete.

I don't normally do this, but my mishaps with trying to shoot a "cool" intro for this video made for some nice bloopers... so I took a little more time and made a separate "Bloopers Reel" for this.  My ear is still ringing from a certain headshot.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha best nerf blooper reel i've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I read that some guy did that with an actual firearm to impress his girlfriend... THE MORAL OF THE STORRY IS: YOU CANT TRUST THE SYSTEM!

    ReplyDelete