Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Battle is (likely) over

Whilst working with the Whiteout Series, the color scheme reminded me of a box collecting dust in my basement.  Of course, the first thing that came to your mind was Battle Tag... the laser tag sensation that has swept the country with it's latest groundbreaking technology and future expansion of the entire lineup!

Heh, ...no.  I was asked the other day "why haven't we heard anything about Battle Tag?" and took a trip to the near-deceased Battle Tag Forum to check up on signs of life.  MikeApostol wrote this there:
...by all accounts no one has heard anything from Ubisoft about this system since many many months ago. I doubt they are continuing to work on this. I wish they were, but the lack of action or communication with them (not to mention taking it off their online store) seems to speak more than their silence. It's really too bad because it's such a great system and with a little more tweaking on the hardware and software side it could be near perfect
 I'm calling this system dead.  Way to kill your own creation, UbiSoft.  Sadly between that system doing a faceplant and Light Strike not reaching the hearts of the hardcore laser taggers I know (not to mention seeing no real signs of their products leaping off store shelves), these systems haven't come close to breathing any new life into the sport I know and love as Laser Tag.  I hope someone comes out with something to show 'em how it's done.

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame really that laser tag isn't as readily available as stuff like airsoft, nerf and paintball. it seems like companies have no real burning interest in developing that market, which sucks! especially here in australia since the basically is no readily available system!

    ReplyDelete